Chorizo Sausage Recipe
Chorizo is a chile (pepper) and garlic flavored sausage. Chorizo originally arrived with the Spanish Conquistadors but has evolved into a distinctly Mexican sausage during the last several hundred years.
Chorizo is great for breakfast or any other meal. Fry it up, scramble in some eggs ... and you have chorizo con huevos!
You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Chorizo Seasoning mixes (scroll down to see links).
Homemade Chorizo Sausage Ingredients:
- 5-lb fine ground pork butt
- 1-cup cold white wine
- 8-tsp paprika
- 1/2-cup crushed chili peppers
- 2-tsp cinnamon
- 1-tbsp cumin
- 3-medium onions, finely chopped
- 2-tsp dried oregano
- 1-tbsp garlic powder
- 2-tbsp salt
- Optional for hot chorizo - 4 tsp cayenne
Homemade Chorizo Sausage Instructions
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat with a fine grinding plate.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.
We Are Committed to providing you with 100% satisfaction in your experience with us! We feel that the best way to build repeat business and a long lasting relationship with our customers is by treating them right and giving them the highest quality customer service, along with unmatched product selection and competitive prices. If we ever fail to meet your expectations please contact us and we will make every attempt possible to meet and beat your highest expectations in order to make you a happy customer.