Venison Hot Italian Sausage Recipe
Transform your deer meat into a delicious spicy Italian sausage!
You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Italian Sausage Seasoning mixes (scroll down to see links).
Venison Hot Italian Sausage Ingredients
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 3 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 7 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 7 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
Homemade Spicy Italian Sausage Instructions
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat with a fine grinding plate.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.
We Are Committed to providing you with 100% satisfaction in your experience with us! We feel that the best way to build repeat business and a long lasting relationship with our customers is by treating them right and giving them the highest quality customer service, along with unmatched product selection and competitive prices. If we ever fail to meet your expectations please contact us and we will make every attempt possible to meet and beat your highest expectations in order to make you a happy customer.