Hungarian Sausage Recipe
A great recipe for authentic Hungarian sausage.
Homemade Hungarian Sausage Ingredients:
- 5-lbs coarse ground pork
- 2-lbs coarse ground beef
- 1-cup cold beer
- 2-tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2-tbsp crushed red pepper
- 2-tbsp hot Hungarian paprika
- 2-tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1-tbsp salt
- 1-tsp ground bay leaves
- 1-tsp whole anise seeds
- 1-tsp whole mustard seeds
- 1-tsp dried coriander
- 1-tsp brown sugar
- 1-tsp ground thyme
Homemade Hungarian Sausage Instructions
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat coarsely.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.
Remember, we offer high-quality equipment and accessories at everyday low prices. Contact our knowledgeable customer service staff toll free at 877-231-8589 with any questions you have.