Hot Italian Sausage Recipe
Italian sausage has been a favorite for centuries and Italian Sausage is one most popular type of fresh sausage and among the easiest sausages you can make at home.
You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Italian Sausage Seasoning mixes.
This Hot Italian Sausage recipe is sure to please. You can stuff the sausage you make into casings or form it into patties.
Homemade Hot Italian Sausage Ingredients:
- 5-lbs pork
- 1-cup cold red wine
- 1-cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5-tsp salt
- 1-tbsp garlic powder or-4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-tbsp fresh ground pepper
- 3-tsp cayenne
- 5-tbsp fennel seed
- 2-tsp crushed chili peppers
- 5-tbsp paprika
Homemade Hot Italian Sausage Instructions
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the semi-meat coarsely.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.
We Are Committed to providing you with 100% satisfaction in your experience with us! We feel that the best way to build repeat business and a long lasting relationship with our customers is by treating them right and giving them the highest quality customer service, along with unmatched product selection and competitive prices. If we ever fail to meet your expectations please contact us and we will make every attempt possible to meet and beat your highest expectations in order to make you a happy customer.