Smoked Garlic Cheese Sausage Recipe
An excellent recipe for a unique sausage you and your family will love! The smoky garlic and cheese flavors combine to really make your mouth water.
You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Fresh Sausage Seasoning mixes (scroll down to see links).
Homemade Garlic Cheese Sausage Ingredients:
- 15-lbs ground pork, fine grind
- 1 1/2-lbs of crumbled old cheddar cheese -- or our own high-temperature cheese (scroll down to see links)
- 2-tbsp salt
- 1 1/2-tbsp Morton's Tenderquick
- 2-tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2-tbsp ground caraway
- 1 1/2-tbsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2-tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2-tbsp mace
- 4-cups ice water
- 1-cup skim milk powder
Homemade Garlic Cheese Sausage Instructions
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat with a fine grinding plate.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients to ice water.
- Add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Add crumbled cheese and mix gently.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate).
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Smoke using sugar maple wood for about 6 hrs at 150-180 F until the internal temperature reaches 142 F.
- Quench in ice water and let hang at room temp for an hour.
- Vacuum pack and freeze.
Remember, we offer high-quality equipment and accessories at everyday low prices. Contact our knowledgeable customer service staff toll free at 877-231-8589 with any questions you have.