Smoked Garlic Cheese Sausage Recipe
An excellent recipe for a unique sausage you and your family will love! The smoky garlic and cheese flavors combine to really make your mouth water.
Homemade Garlic Cheese Sausage Ingredients:
- 15-lbs ground pork, fine grind
- 1 1/2-lbs of crumbled old cheddar cheese -- or our own high-temperature cheese (scroll down to see links)
- 2-tbsp salt
- 1 1/2-tbsp Morton's Tenderquick
- 2-tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2-tbsp ground caraway
- 1 1/2-tbsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2-tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2-tbsp mace
- 4-cups ice water
- 1-cup skim milk powder
Homemade Garlic Cheese Sausage Instructions
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat with a fine grinding plate.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients to ice water.
- Add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Add crumbled cheese and mix gently.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate).
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Smoke using sugar maple wood for about 6 hrs at 150-180 F until the internal temperature reaches 142 F.
- Quench in ice water and let hang at room temp for an hour.
- Vacuum pack and freeze.
Remember, we offer high-quality equipment and accessories at everyday low prices. Contact our knowledgeable customer service staff toll free at 877-231-8589 with any questions you have.