Andouille Sausage Recipe #1
You'll love this Andouille Sausage recipe. Andouille is a spiced, heavily smoked pork sausage that was brought to the New World by the French colonists of Louisiana, and Cajun andouille is the best-known variety in the United States. The spiciest of all the variants, Cajun andouille is made of butt or shank meat and fat, seasoned with salt, cracked black pepper, and garlic, and traditionally smoked over pecan wood and sugar cane. The resulting sausage is used in a wide range of Louisiana dishes, such as gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and rice, and étouffée.
You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Andouille Sausage Seasoning mixes (scroll down to see links).
Homemade Andouille Sausage Ingredients:
- 6-lbs ground pork
- 3-1/3-tbsp finely minced garlic
- 2-tbsp salt
- 1-tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-tsp cayenne
- 1-tsp chili powder
- 1/8-tsp mace
- 1/8-tsp allspice
- 1/2-tsp dried thyme
- 1-tbsp paprika
- 1/4-tsp ground bay leaf
- 1/4-tsp sage
- 3-tbsp liquid smoke
- 1-cup cold red wine
Homemade Andouille Sausage Instructions
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat semi-coarsely.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.
- Andouille Sausage is best smoked for up to seven or eight hours at approximately 175°F (80°C).
We Are Committed to providing you with 100% satisfaction in your experience with us! We feel that the best way to build repeat business and a long lasting relationship with our customers is by treating them right and giving them the highest quality customer service, along with unmatched product selection and competitive prices. If we ever fail to meet your expectations please contact us and we will make every attempt possible to meet and beat your highest expectations in order to make you a happy customer.